One of my favourite desserts! It is both easy and fast to make and can be varied to accommodate vegans or just for the sake of variation. Also gluten-free. Original source: Elana’s Pantry. This is a modified version, based on my preferences, after many (successful!) experimentations.
Ingredients (serves 8 pieces):
- 2 cups (200-300g) almond flour (avoid fat-reduced versions)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup (about 100g) dark chocolate and/or dried berries (i.e. blueberries or cranberries)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 ripe banana or 1 tablespoon chia or flaxseeds + 3 tablespoons water or 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons (in total) of honey, agave and/or maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients; almond flour, baking soda, chocolate/berries, and zest.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the wet ingredients; banana/chia/flax/egg and honey/agave/maple. If using chia- or flaxseeds, put them in the water and wait until the mix turns into a gel (about 10 minutes). Mash the banana with either a fork or with a mixer.
- Mix the wet ingredients thoroughly into the dry.
- Form dough into a ball, than gently and gradually flatten it to a generously thick circle. Wet hands recommended.
- Cut the dough like a pizza into 8 slices and then slightly mould them with your hands to increase durability.
- Using a spatula, transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 180 °C (350 °F) for about 10-15 minutes.
- Allow them to cool off a while (very soft otherwise) and enjoy!